Weekly Thoughts

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Will we ever finally be settled? It seems like we have been searching for furniture for so long. Can't wait to finally be all moved in so all our clothes aren't in cardboard boxes. At the same time, feeling so blessed to have found a nice, remodeled, clean, and safe apartment. Even though rent is insane here we are so thankful to be here and are so excited for what is in store for us. We love it here already!

Women's conference was so great to watch. I watched it by myself in the living room curled up in a ball under a blanket. Apparently it was quite the sight since I found that Tim had taken pictures of me. The biggest lessons I learned were the importance of supporting and uplifting one another. I feel like women can be so critical of ourselves and one another and there really is no point. We were put on this earth to help each other and bless each other's lives. I really hope I can become better at that.



My mom is coming tomorrow! I feel so lucky to get to have my mom here for almost an entire week. Having grown up all over the place having life long friends was pretty impossible so I have always felt so lucky to be close to my mom. She is definitely a light in my life!

I just signed up for another semester at BYUI. As much as I love it I am getting anxious to be done. This semester is going to be killer with 19 credits online. This basically translates to over 50 hours a week sitting at the computer. This also means I need to make it a priority to get out of the house and have a social life since I'll be glued to the computer so much. We are really trying to make an effort to get to know a lot of other couples in our area so hopefully we will be able to make lots of new friends in the bay area!

Tim finished his first week at Google! It is such a change from the finance world but I think he is really loving it! It has been so fun to walk around the campus a little bit and check it out. I am so proud of him and excited to see him progress with his career. He really is incredible.







4 comments:

  1. fun updates! let's meet up asap! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha--looks like he's enjoying his new Google gear, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exaaactly how I feel! 6 months later, and I'm like - "uhhh where did this box of clothes come from?" It never ends! But on the brightside, that couch looks like the comfiest coziest thing in the world.
    -Amanda
    coleandamandapeterson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave me something nice!